Friday, June 18, 2010

Developed, they are!

Today was a hectic day for me. One way I went out on shopping, which I didn't enjoy that much! I know, it is quite unbelieveable from my point of view (which female is there who wouldn't enjoy a shopping spree??!), but the main incident today was a free ride day in CityBus! Well, we missed the bus and had to take a walk to catch the next. The hot Sun did not help us at all. And when we finally caught the Bus, it was halfway packed with children. As my little girl still too small to stand and go in the Bus, I had to carry her and get in. I basically did not have a place to keep my self properly. In one hand I was carrying Hazelle and from other hand I was holding one of the bars to keep me balanced. Too bad to say, there were many a people who was staring at me but did not offer to help. I carried Hazelle for about half way of my journey and I just couldn't believe what was happening.

I kept wondering. Sri Lanka, my motherland is a heaven, a Land like no other. Nobody will go through an incident like mine in our country. Because, our people are more developed than people of these so-called developed countries. We have a strong foundation of ethics and moral discipline embellished our lifestyles. The kindness and support of our people are priceless.

So I say to this world, please try to evaluate a country by both morality of its people as well as wealth it possess. Because money is not Everything!

No comments: