Friday, February 6, 2009

Fruit Juice While it lasts!

Its the beginning of a long weekend here in Sri Lanka and everybody will be looking forward to it. I was going through the latest headlines around the world a while ago when my husband wanted me to go through a certain blog page. A sarcastic smile in his face told me what to expect (or nearly did).
A blog page on how to make fruit juice by Sumedha, one of my husband's colleagues. I could see the meaning on that laugh!
I went through the blog myself amid all the criticisms and believe me, I liked it. Atleast I think he has been very frank about his passion in making friut juice, which is considered a female job!
Way to go Sumedha, I wish you good luck! And by the way, keep adding more to it.

6 comments:

Sie.Kathieravealu said...

Here a person is enjoying news about how to make fruit juice while thousands are in tension without sleep and food worried about the safety of their life in Wanni.

That is the two faces of life in Sri Lanka.

Keith Chapman said...

Yes thousands are worried about the safety of their lives because they are withheld by the LTTE. The Sri Lankan armed forces are doing the best they can to rescue these innocent people from the brutal clutches of the LTTE.

Haven't you seen the two faces of the LTTE? Haven't you seen the luxury mansions that Prabakaran lived in while innocent Tamil children were put forward to fight for the LTTE?

afkham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
afkham said...

@sie.kathieravelu
Who is to be blamed for the plight of those citizens who are being held hostage by the terrorists?

I'm sure every good human being feels sorry for the innocent people worldwide who are undergoing tremendous hardships. However, life must go on, and we need to appreciate the little things in life... like the little happiness you get when you prepare & enjoy a drink of fresh fruit juice. "Live for today & let others live"

afkham said...

We certainly do not consider making fruit juices or cooking to be a female only or feminine job. The worlds best chefs are mostly males. My dad used to be an award winning chef before his retirement :)

Since recently, we have been discovering that some of our colleagues have many secret talents... Asankha excels at carpentry for instance. Sumedha's blog is great, and we sure wish that he would prepare fresh fruit juices for us when we visit him or go on trips, hygienically of course :)

Madara Samaranayake said...

Oh yes. I too would love to taste Sumedha's fresh fruit juice on next trip may be.